Usually, people use butter to make grilled cheese. So it is the common question, “Can You Cook Grilled Cheese Without Butter?” Is it possible practically? Of course possible. Butter is nothing but an ingredient of grilled cheese. That does not mean that cheese can not grill without butter. Even it is comparatively healthy not to use butter for preparing grilled cheese. Now the topic is, how can you do this without butter? What is about the timing? What are the health benefits of it? Do not worry. You will find the details here. Let us know about it.
Can You Cook Grilled Cheese Without Butter?
Yes, you can cook grilled cheese without butter. Instead of butter, you can use natural ingredients like vegetable oil or olive oil. May those and some other components add like mayo, margarine, eggs, bacon grease, etc. Here, no extra steps are required to prepare the cheese. The process is almost similar. Only the variation is in the ingredients. Moreover, you will find a different test from that type of cheese.
Is It Safe To Cook Grilled Cheese Without Butter?
We know that we can prepare( grilled cheese without butter. If we compare the food value of grilled cheese with and without butter, we find that the butter-free one is better for health. The butter-free one contains 30 mg cholesterol and 5 grams of saturated fat compared with the butter-containing one. The vegetable oil or other ingredients act as an alternative to the butter, not hamper the ultimate process. So we can see that it is safe to cook grilled cheese without butter.
How Long Does It Take To Cook?
Grilled cheese is very delicious food. Cooking grilled cheese is very easy. The overall process consists of elementary steps and takes a few minutes to cook. You just require some tricks here. If we want to talk about the exact timing, the grilled cheese takes 10 to 15 minutes to cook. You need to maintain medium-low temperature throughout the period. This period is enough to ensure even brown of the bread and thorough melting of the cheese.
How Can You Cook Grilled Cheese Without Butter?
To cook grilled cheese without butter, you need some components. These are
- Olive oil(cooking spray)
- Half avocado
- Onion slices(thin)
- Lime juice
- Handful fresh spinach
- Medium sliced mushroom(portobello)
- Two pieces of bread(whole-grain)
- Two thin slices of tomato
- One slice of swiss cheese
To cook grilled cheese, you need to maintain the following process.
- First of all, take lime juice and avocado in a bowl. Mix the ingredients properly until they become thick.
- Set the pan on medium heat and spray oil on it. Now add the onion slices there and make it soft and translucent to look.
- Add the spinach and stir it to make wilt. Then take it away from heat.
- Cut the stem of the mushroom and make slices of the long strip. Now cook the slices until it turns soft and dark. You need to use oil spray here.
- Now spray the oil on one side of the bread and keep that side on the surface of the pan. And heat it at a low temperature. Then gradually add the mashed avocado, tomato, spinach, onion, mushroom, and cheese.
- Cook it for a few minutes. When the bread wriggles golden brown and the cheese melts, place another slice of bread on the top.
- Spray oil over the new piece of bread and set that side over the pan. Then wait until the bread whirls golden brown. Finally, remove it from heat. Now it is ready to eat.
Things To Keep In Mind When You Cook Grilled Cheese Without Butter
You need to consider some points to cook grilled cheese without butter. These will be very beneficial for you to make butter. These are:
- You should not make the pan too hot. It increases the chance of burning the bread.
- To cover the whole bread, use an adequate amount of olive oil thoroughly. It ensures the even distribution of oil.
- You can also use mayo here because it can spread quickly.
- Before seating it in the pan, make it lightly brown in a toaster. It is very effective to make the bread crispy.
- You can also use shredded cheese. It will enhance the melting process.
- To make sticky grilled cheese, try to stick the cheese, which can melt well. You can use Colby Jack, Cheddar here.
Health Benefits Of Grilled Cheese Without Butter
In a true sense, grilled cheese is not good food for our daily lives because of its high cholesterol. It also increases the chance of fat deposition in the body. But if we consider the nutritional value of grilled cheese without butter, cholesterol is lower, and it has many health benefits. These are:
- Able to prevent Osteoporosis by supplying vitamin D, calcium, and other nutrients.
- It Improves dental health.
- Healthily increase body weight.
- Contain a vast amount of calcium.
- It is a good source of protein.
- Carry a high volume of vitamin B12.
- It lowers blood pressure by decreasing hypertension.
- Provides essential fat & conjugated linoleic acid(CLA).
- Helpful to prevent cancer.
- Grilled cheese is the perfect choice for pregnant women.
- Helpful to build up the muscle.
- It Boosts up the immune system of the body.
- It contains a massive amount of vitamin K2 and helps in blood clotting.
- Helpful to maintain thyroid health etc.
It is neither impossible nor too challenging to make grilled cheese without butter. One person can easily make it by following the direction of “can you cook grilled cheese without butter?” Here we try to present the grilled cheese-making procedure easily by using olive oil. So try to follow the instructions and tips properly for the overall process. And make your grilled cheese more perfect and yummy. Hopefully, it will be very supportive of your work.